Who won the first-ever Donald Ross Memorial Invitational boys individual title?

Friday, March 12, 2010

Welcome

I want to take this space to introduce myself a bit further, and explain what this blog's aim will be with the great sport of golf. I first started playing golf during the summer months locally with the Greater Sarasota Junior Golf Association back in the mid-1990s. It didn't help much, since golf and my swing were just a break from the baseball grind. Then I began to focus on golf, when I started working at Laurel Oak Country Club in Sarasota. Eventually, I dropped down to a 6-handicap before finishing my undergraduate studies in snow central (aka Central New York). I recently reacquainted myself with the links, and I'm covering golf for The Herald. That leads me to my explanation on how this blog will work. I want to make it as interactive as possible. That means posting instructional videos offering players tips for improving their games. Giving some interesting audio from events, and I'll also have opinions on some of the buzzworthy topics hitting the national/professional scene. Finally, I'll be giving a glimpse into the local golf scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment